Erie Canal Pics!

We finally made it to Oswego and in 1 day had to run around and get ready and have the mast stepped. It went well overall, we were exhausted!

Abbey helped to dock the boat after the stepping. Pull Abbey pull! This is one of my favourite pictures.

One of the views of the canal, overall pretty, the trees are losing their leaves, nice little houses on the canal.

Abbey hanging out with Jeremy! The pets always do well in canals, very little motion and the dogs like to hang out on the deck when it's actually warm.

Maggie eyeing up our french toast! I think she may have gotten the leftovers afterwards!

Matthew also helping with docking. The Erie canal is great with lots of free docks to stop at. You also get to know all the people transiting because everyone is stopping in the same areas. Later when anchoring up creeks we lost sight of lots of the cruisers.

This was crossing the largest lake in the canal system- Lake Oneida, we had some good waves but all following and we made it in good time before dark. It's hard to take waves without the sails, you really roll with the mast on the deck.
Abbey liked to help fend off the walls during the locks. We did over 30 overall so it was a lot of work! In some of the locks zebra mussels cover the wall and spit out water as the levels drop.
Yes, I am on the boat to, I'm not in very many pictures so I thought I'd add this one!
One of the more unique locks we passed through.

At this lock we had to pull over while they readied it and there were lots of people mountain climbing here. After this we headed to Waterford and finished the locks.
Next on to the Hudson river!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home