Thursday, November 02, 2006

Chesapeake Bay

Hi everyone,
I only have 10 minutes to finish an update as this library times us! Since Rob entered info he came back to the boat to find us moved to the other side of the channel as we dragged anchor terribly! We did okay and thank god for the 25lb Danforth! Held like a rock, we had two boats drag past us and almost hit us. We left the next day for the ocean run.
Made it to Cape May, the last 2 hours were rough with 5 foot waves, weathered in there for 3 days! Then on to the delaware Bay which is also awful but we got it over with. Then 3 days in Chesapeake city due to weather- very cute little town, no services though. Now we are halfway down the Chesapeake Bay.
The kids had a great Halloween in a little town in Oxford, MD.
We hope to get away from the cold- we have no heat, just two big dogs to cuddle with!- and get to the intercoastal by next week. Sorry for the short entry- I'll elaborate and do more when we get a good connection next!
Thinking of everyone. The boat is doing well, I am very impressed at how she handles real weather, she really was built for the North Atlantic. We are very slow at around 5 knots travelling speed so we do get stuck in the weather!
I have to go and catch a bus back to the marina which will take an hour! Like I said internet access around here is ridiculous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home