Oswego, New York
We are now in Oswego, NY awaiting putting up our mast. We arrived 2 days ago right in the middle of a canal days festival. So we are finished the Erie Canal and I can see Lake Ontario!! Of course it is just as choppy as I remember it! Rob and I stopped for a few days at a free dock in Phoenix, NY and we did install the tabernacle (mast stepping hinge)! It went really well, it is extremely heavy duty and looks good. We're hoping it works well. We are stuck here for a few more days- until Monday at least because we need to raise the mast. The festival has all the dock space taken up and we need to get through one last lock before raising the mast due to a low bridge. Unfortunately the wall beyond this last lock is 3-4 deep in rafted power boats so we'll have to wait for everyone to go home.
Life could be rougher, they have cool street magicians and a fair, also craft boothes, etc. The kids are having fun. Plus we ended up parking on a wall right in front of a boat we met in the Bahamas- Cadana. So we've been hanging out with Ray and having a good time. He's on his way out tonight with mast down to make it into the Trent-Severn canal as his destination is Sudbury.
Last night they had the most spectacular fireworks display I think I have ever seen! It was incredible. It's quite the party here. There are guys floating by in the canal drinking there beer wishing everyone a "Happy Harbourfest"!
So we hope to see everyone soon, the mast will go up on Monday and then we'll see how the tabernacle works. Then it'll depend on Lake Ontario weather and off we go!!
Can't wait to see everyone again.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home